Monday 5 March 2018

Not forsaking all others, but come to our workshop!


WEEK 9Creative: ForsakenAbandoned and Forgotten were favorites in the past. Let's revisit the idea the idea this year with forsaken.
Finally up to date on blogging and today, (a little late) I shot my photo for Dogwood, week 9.
Camera again on a low tripod, (to make the doors appear taller) with 16-35mm zoom.. I knew I wanted to shoot in my spacious hallway on a wide angle lens and use the space to help the narrative.
I like how the distortion brings the doorfames to lean in towards each other, almost menacing and like I'm cowering from them. The colour tones and doors shut symbolise being left out, abandoned, forsaken.. and I felt the nudity adds to the vulnerability.

I shot this using one flash (portable flash kit - Godox AD360) and a homemade modifier using a couple of items most people already have in their kitchen, which not only created the highlight on the subject (me) but also the darker shadow surrounding me, like metaphorical dark clouds, feelings of being trapped, lost and deserted, which again I felt favoured the brief.

Settings: 24mm, ISO 100, f8, 1/100th sec


If you like the thought of learning new and unique lighting techniques, how to shoot stunning in-camera effects like the above and so much more with the use of every day items, Simon(e) and I are running our super fun 'Lighting Outside The Box' workshop again due to popular demand with a couple of sessions still available for the afternoon only.

The date is Sunday 8th April and the afternoon sessions run 2-6pm (morning is fully booked) ..this workshop is completely exclusive to the beautiful Hacienda Studio, East London.

The groups are kept small, just 4 photographers per session, and the fee is £200 per photographer. This price includes my modelling fee, tuition from Simon who has over 20 years experience in photography, film & television, use of the entire stunning Hacienda location, use of equipment, equal shoot time, refreshments, plus a generous donation to the studio's chosen charity, Shelter From The Storm, for London's homeless.
Please feel free to bring a notebook if you wish to take notes and questions are of course welcome both on the day and indefinitely after the workshop. All participants also go home with a free 'Lighting Outside The Box' modifier!

You can read more about The Hacienda and see some of my previous work there here in one of my earlier posts.


If you like the sound of joining us, please do get in touch and we'd be happy to answer any more questions you may have or book you in.


________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts